Every woman has dreamt of long luscious beautiful hair every now and then. We all have searched for best hair care products to increase hair growth or to stop hair fall, and most of them have disappointed us. While scientists are still researching on hair products that promise a faster hair growth, it is high time we get rid of those chemical filled products that do more harm than good and say hello to some natural remedies for not just long but also shiny and healthy hair. These home remedies are already doing wonders for people thinking of ways to make hair grow faster, so give them a try and make your friends jealous with your beautiful looks!
1. Crush Some Biotin Tablets
Biotin is a water soluble Vitamin B readily available in tablet form and also naturally present in green leafy vegetables. A deficiency of Biotin is a common cause of hair fall, hence, using the supplement can renew hair follicles and make your hair grow faster.
- Crush two or three biotin tablets
- Mix in with some coconut or olive oil
- Massage the scalp with this mixture and leave it overnight,
- Rinse like usual the following morning
- Repeat the process twice a week
- If you are too busy to try the remedy, simply take Vitamin B supplements.
2. Coconut Oil
Well, who has not had a weekly hair massage from grandma’s with warm coconut oil? It is a tried and tested hair care product that acts as one of the best natural conditioners for hair. It not only keeps the scalp healthy, but also promotes hair growth and repairs dry damaged hair. Not just that, it is also successful in removing dandruff and reducing hair loss. To reap benefits from coconut oil, take some warm coconut oil in your hands and massage into your scalp. Keep it overnight and wash the next morning. This remedy can be applied as often as you want. You can boil some curry leaves with coconut oil and apply this mixture for added benefits as curry leaves are known to be excellent for hair growth.
Read more on Postpartum Hair Loss
3. Vitamin E Oil For Hair Growth
Vitamin E has long been used as a home remedy for various ailments. It is rich in anti-oxidants, increases oxygen in the body and also enhances circulation of blood in the scalp. It also makes your hair softer and smoother.
- Prick open about 8 to 10 capsules of Vitamin E and carefully transfer the oil in a small bowl.
- You can increase the quantity as per the size and thickness of your hair
- Massage this oil onto your scalp and let it stay overnight.
- Wash with a mild shampoo and enjoy soft and smooth hair.
4. Use Rosemary Oil For Hair Growth
Rosemary oil is prepared by distillation of the Rosemary herb. It increases cell division and stimulates blood circulation. Regular use of rosemary oil also helps in fighting hair fall and greying of hair.
- Mix a teaspoon of rosemary oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Apply on the scalp and keep it overnight
- Wash it off the next morning
- Alternatively, you can also apply it by mixing it in your regular shampoo or conditioner
5. Let Argan Oil Do Wonders
Argan oil is known as liquid gold and is a wonderful gift from Mother Nature. It works like magic on thinning hair and significantly improves hair quality by moisturising and nourishing your hair. There are several hair products that contain Argan oil including shampoo, conditioners and hair serums, but applying Argan oil directly offers unmatched benefits. All you have to do is massage the oil on your scalp and hair ends. Leave it on for a day and wash like usual. You can use this remedy once a week for silky and smooth hair.
Read more on Infected Ingrown Hair
6. Let Them Grow With Sage Oil
Sage oil is used for a myriad of benefits including enhancing hair quality. It includes anti-oxidants that are known to have amazing effect on hair growth. Make sure you get only pure sage oil from a trusted source. To apply sage oil:
- Add one teaspoon of sage oil with two tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
- Massage on the scalp and let it work its magic on your hair overnight
- Wash it off the next morning
- You can prepare the sage and coconut oil mixture in large quantities and store it in a bottle for regular use.
7. Moisturise With Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a famous magic potion for human body. It is quite well known for its moisturising and healing properties. Way to many advertisements of beauty and hair care products have told us the benefits of jojoba oil and Using it on your hair is also not rocket science. All you have to do is:
- Mix a teaspoon of Jojoba oil with two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Massage on scalp and wash it off the next morning
8. Olive Oil For Hair Growth
Olive oil is excellent home remedy for preventing and curing hair loss. Medically, regular use of olive oil prevents the development of hormones that promote hair loss. Besides that, it also acts as a wonderful natural conditioner for hair making the soft and smooth. The anti-oxidants in olive oil also promote hair growth.
- Massage your scalp with slightly warm extra virgin olive oil
- Soak towel in hot water and wring out the excess water
- Wrap the towel tightly around your head for half an hour
- Rinse and wash your hair like you usually do
- Incorporating olive oil in your cooking will also is a good idea as it will not only benefit your hair, but the whole body.
9. Include Folic Acid
Also known as Vitamin B9, Folic acid supplements are often recommended for optimising hair growth. It plays an important role in treating hair fall as well by formation and proper functioning of red blood cells in the body. Folic acid supplements can be taken daily for optimum hair growth. Often pregnant women are advised to take folic acid supplements and who doesn’t know about hair getting thicker and more beautiful during pregnancy?
10. Apply Onion Juice
Rich in sulphur, onion juice helps boost collagen production in our tissues and helps in hair regrowth. It is one of the oldest and safest home remedy if you are looking for ways to grow hair faster. Simply grate an onion and extract its juice in a bowl. Apply it in your scalp and wash it off after an hour. If the smell of onion bothers you, you can also substitute onion with its partner root vegetable – potato!
11. Apple Cider Vinegar For Clean Scalp
When it comes to natural cures, when nothing works, stick to apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar helps in a gentle cleansing of scalp, maintaining the ph balance and stimulating hair growth. Here is how to use it:
- Wash your hair thoroughly with your usual shampoo
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water
- Use this solution as a final rinse after shampooing your hair
- This solution can be used every time you wash your hair
12. Stimulate With Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel helps in removing dead cells from your scalp and at the same time stimulate hair follicles. It is also beneficial when it comes to treating damaged hair.
- Cut open the leaf of an aloe Vera plant
- Extract the gel and apply on your scalp and hair
- Let it sit for an hour and rinse away with a mild shampoo
13. Nourish With Honey
Honey contains several nourishing and hydrating properties that strengthen the follicles of hair. It is also rich in antioxidants that protect your hair from damage. An easy way to apply honey on your hair is by mixing it with your daily shampoo.
Read more on Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dry Scalp
14. Use The Age Old Egg Masks
Hair is made up of Keratin proteins and eggs, as we know are one of the best sources of proteins. They have been used for ages to aid hair growth. Not just that, we all grew up watching hair care products that contain eggs being endorsed on television and our grandmas telling us to apply egg on the hair. So, here is how to do that!
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Slightly whisk two egg yolks and mix in two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and let it stay for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and shampoo your hair as usual
- Alternatively, mix one egg with half a cup of yoghurt and mayonnaise. Blend in a mixer. Apply this mask on your hair and cover with a shower cap. Let it stay for half an hour before you rinse it off.
15. Drink Beetroot Juice
Not many of us are aware that besides increasing blood in our body, beetroot is also an excellent source of nourishment for our hair. It is easy to extract beetroot juice. All you have to do is blend it in a mixer or squeeze out some grated beetroot. Drink beetroot juice daily for healthy and long hair. It can also be combined with other healthy vegetable juices like guards and cucumbers. You can also prepare a beetroot mask by mixing freshly grated beets with some olive oil and apply from roots to tips of your hair.
16.Use Some Fenugreek
Also known as methi dana, fenugreek is an excellent home remedy for hair growth. It is not only rich in proteins, but also contains lecithin that strengthen and moisturise hair. It will not only make your hair grow faster and better but also protect the natural hair colour.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water overnight
- Strain the seeds and grind into a smooth paste
- Apply coconut oil on your hair followed by this paste
- Let it sit for an hour and rinse with mild shampoo
17. Take Fish Oil Supplements
Fish oil is rich in omega -3 fatty acids which as we all know is not only excellent for promoting smooth and shiny hair but also aid in hair growth. Take fish oil supplements regularly for a month and see the changes yourself.
18. Use Indian Gooseberry
Tips and home remedies for healthy hair cannot be completed without the mention of Indian gooseberry, commonly known as Amla. Regular application of amla helps in strengthening hair cells, stimulates hair growth and helps in prevention of split ends.
- Mix equal quantities of amla and lemon juice in a bowl
- Apply on hair and scalp. Leave it to dry for an hour
- Rinse it with warm water
- You can also mix it with ritha – an Ayurveda hair care product and apply on your hair.
- Alternatively, simply include amla in your diet.
19. Let Your Coffee Work
Turns out that coffee does not only energise your brain but your hair too! So, next time you brew a cup for yourself, brew some extra for your hair as well. Let the coffee cool down and wash your hair like you usually do. Rinse out the excess water and rinse your hair with coffee. Cover your head with a towel and rinse with water after half an hour.
So, if you are tired of using new hair products every now and then to make your hair grow fast and nothing seems to work, try these remedies as home remedies prove to be best when it comes to getting long and luscious hair. Needless to say it is also important to have a healthy balanced diet to keep your nutrition balanced and hair healthy.