Number of factors ranging from common skin rashes to erythema nodosum or psoriasis can cause red itchy bumps on the skin. It is difficult to tell what causes such skin inflammation and infection and why it affects only certain people. There are variety of treatment options available for itchy bumps and rashes but every one of them is good enough to address the symptoms and not the underlying disease.
Itchy bumps on the skin can be caused due to several reasons given below :
- It can be due to allergic reactions, hives, chicken pox, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and folliculitis.
- Allergic reactions can happen by the intake of medicine or exposure to polluted atmosphere or due to virus infection. Hives can cause red bumps which spread rapidly on the skin and this condition is caused due to allergic particles.
- Chicken pox is the disease caused by virus which spreads red small sized itchy bumps on the skin. This infection will appear as small red spots on the skin and it begins on the scalp and goes down till your legs.
- Eczema is a chronic skin inflammation that causes red itchy lesions on the skin.
- Pustular psoriasis causes red bumps along with pus filled blisters. Head lice and insect bites can trigger itchiness on the skin causing lesions.
- People who are overly exposed to environmental poison like oak, ivy and sumac would get allergic rash with itchy bumps.
- Individuals who are abusing substance and alcohol can get rashes along with anxiety, restlessness and nausea/vomiting.
- Basal skin cancer will resemble scaly red patches on the skin. Alopecia, boils, erythema nodosum, Kawasaki disease, abscess and phlebitis can also cause this problem.
It would appear as tiny red spots initially on the face or scalp which further proceeds as dark red bumps or lesions on the body. There will be moderate to severe itchiness and pain. Fever, nausea, vomiting and constipation problems may accompany the disease if it is caused due to allergic reaction or poison.
Pictures of Red Itchy Bumps on Skin :
Images, Pics, Pictures and Photos of Red Itchy Bumps on Skin
Most of the time, simple home remedies are enough to get rid of red itchy bumps. First you need to stop scratching the skin even it causes itchiness. On continuous scratching you are increasing inflammation and the area becomes irritated and causes repeated lesions on the skin. Avoid the factors that trigger the formation of skin bumps. Don’t change your cosmetics often and avoid using harsh detergents on the clothes.
Simple allergic drugs like Allegra or Zyntec are available over the counter for getting relief from itching and inflammation. These drugs are prescribed for hives. Apply moisturizing lotion on the rashes and do not allow the skin to dry. Accept that rashes or red itchy bumps will not heal overnight. It takes time for it to appear on the skin and similarly you should understand that it takes sufficient time for getting healed. Your doctor will prescribe you antihistamines or corticosteroids like hydrocortisone. For intense form of rashes he may inject steroid directly on the skin to control irritation. In case of infectious rashes antibiotics are given orally and in the form of topical creams.